Mondegão I Extra virgin olive oil
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Authentic Portuguese product
- Secure payment by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay
- Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in the USA
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
Mondegão olive oil is renowned for its aromatic complexity and can be used in cooking in all its forms: cold, for seasonings, hot in the pan, in the oven, or for frying because it retains all its qualities up to about 392°F.
Why I love it
- A rare olive oil with a pronounced flavour for true lovers.
- A natural olive oil obtained by pressing fresh olives of superior quality without using any solvent or chemical agent.
- Maximum acidity: 0.5%.
- 16.9fl.oz canister
More informations ?
Mondegão olive oil comes from olive groves in the Dão region, a region with a rugged relief, located in Northern Portugal and bordered by the Mondego River.
This olive oil is extracted by mechanical processes only, without the use of chemicals or heat, which guarantees the best taste qualities.
To preserve all its qualities, the oil is stored in stainless steel tanks, maintained at a temperature between 15 and 20°? away from the light and then canned on a continuous line in a closed circuit so that it does not come into contact with the air.
This canister cannot be closed. In Brazil and Portugal, it is customary to drill 2 holes in it: the first to pour in olive oil and the second to let in air. It is also possible to open the canister like a can and transfer the oil into a suitable container such as this ceramic oil carafe.