Galo I Ceramic Pitcher
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery across the USA
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
Another great classic of Portuguese ceramics. This pitcher is ideal for serving iced teas or fruit juices on the terrace in summer or simply water on the dining table.
Its design is characteristic of the so-called Caldas da Rainha ceramics, whose most famous author is Bordallo Pinheiro. This piece comes from a small workshop located between Caldas da Rainha and Obidos in the centre-west of Portugal, in the province of Estremadura. It benefits from an excellent quality and great care in its finishing.
Why I love it
- An original, traditional and, finally, surprisingly modern pitcher.
- A beautifully crafted quality with detailed modelling and a glossy finish.
- Capacity: approx. 0.75 l (25 ozs)
- Height: 26cm
- Width: 17cm
- Weight: 0.8 kg
More informations ?
This piece comes from a small workshop located in the Center-West of Portugal, in the province of Estremadura. Its design is characteristic of the so-called Caldas da Rainha ceramics, whose most famous author is Bordallo Pinheiro.
The molds used in this workshop have been passed down from generation to generation, and the current owner uses the molds of his grandfather. All the pieces are carefully made entirely by hand and the production is very limited.
Discover the entire Caldas da Rainha collection by clicking on the photo below