Brincos À Rainha I Silver Filigree Earrings - 2.0''
Authentic Portuguese Product
- Temporary out of stock
- Credit Card, PayPal or Apple Pay Secure payment
- Delivery in 4/5 days from Portugal
Lovely pair of earrings hanging entirely made in 925/1000e sterling silver
Why I love it
- The exceptional finesse of the filigree that only expert goldsmiths can create.
- A 925/1000e sterling silver jewel and the price which remains very fair for a weight of 3g of silver.
- 925/1000e sterling silver
- Height: 2.0''
- Width: 1.0''
- Weight in Stirling silver: 7,2 gr
More informations ?
The da Rainha (Queen's) earrings are spear-shaped earrings that appeared in Portugal during the reign of Maria 1st of Portugal in the 18th century. Nowadays, they are considered as a symbol of fertility.
Mary 1st of Portugal, known as the Pious, was born on December 17, 1734, in Lisbon and died on March 20, 1816, in Rio de Janeiro. She was Queen of Portugal from 1777 to 1816 and Queen of Brazil for three months. Required to take refuge in Brazil after the invasion of the Kingdom by Junot, French Marshal of the Empire, she spent the last months of her life there.
She is buried in the Basilica of Estrela in Lisbon, where a monumental tomb perpetuates her memory.