Brincos À Rainha I Silver Filigree Earrings - 2.0''
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery across the USA
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
Beautiful earrings, large size (2.0") all in solid silver 925/1000e. These earrings are distinguished by the extraordinary fineness of their filigree, obtained through the 100% manual work of an expert goldsmith.
Do not be mistaken, the filigree obtained in this way has nothing to do with a filigree obtained industrially by casting. This pendant is really exceptional.
Why I love it
- The delicacy of the filigree that only expert goldsmiths can create.
- 7 grams of solid silver 925/1000e.
- 925/1000e sterling silver
- Height: 5cm (2.0")
- Width: 2,5cm (1.0")
- Weight in Stirling silver: 7,2gr (0.26oz)
More informations ?
The earrings da Rainha (of the queen) are earrings in the shape of a spear that appeared in Portugal during the reign of Maria I of Portugal in the 18th century. They are considered today as a symbol of fertility.
Maria I of Portugal, known as the Pious, was born on December 17, 1734 in Lisbon and died on March 20, 1816 in Rio de Janeiro. She was queen of Portugal from 1777 to 1816 and queen of Brazil for three months. She was forced to take refuge in Brazil after the invasion of the Kingdom by Junot, French Marshal of the Empire, and spent the last months of her life there.
She is buried in the Basilica of Estrela in Lisbon, where a monumental tomb perpetuates her memory.
This jewel is part of a collection made for Luisa Paixão by a small artisanal workshop located near Porto in Portugal, which gathers the last goldsmiths capable of making exceptional filigree jewelry.