Brincos À Rainha I Silver Filigree Earrings - 1.0''
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Authentic Portuguese product
- Secure payment by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay
- Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in the USA
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
Lovely pair of earrings hanging in 925/1000e silver of beautiful size with a design surprisingly modern and full of history.
Why I love it
- The extraordinary value for money of these silver earrings.
- The fact that the design of these earrings has crossed centuries.
- The quality of the filigree ensured by skilled Portuguese goldsmiths.
- 925/1000e sterling silver
- Height: 1.0''
- Also available in gold-plated silver
More informations ?
The da Rainha (Queen's) earrings are spear-shaped earrings that appeared in Portugal during the reign of Maria 1st of Portugal in the 18th century.
Nowadays, they are considered as a symbol of fertility. Mary 1st of Portugal, known as the Pious, was born on December 17, 1734, in Lisbon and died on March 20, 1816, in Rio de Janeiro.
She was Queen of Portugal from 1777 to 1816 and Queen of Brazil for three months. Required to take refuge in Brazil after the invasion of the Kingdom by Junot, French Marshal of the Empire, she spent the last months of her life there.
She is buried in the Basilica of Estrela in Lisbon, where a monumental tomb perpetuates her memory.