Cooper Cataplana pan 8.3'' - 1/2 people
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Authentic Portuguese product
- Secure payment by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay
- Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in the USA
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
The one and only authentic Portuguese Cataplana pan hammered and tinned with copper, made in Barcelos in northern Portugal.
Because of its traditional manufacturing, this Cataplana is a healthy and solid utensil that will remain intact after years of use.
Made of 2 half shells connected by a removable hinge and equipped with a closing system, the Cataplana allows you to cook quickly in a steaming way, preserving the food and with very little fat.
If you use induction cookers, I recommend the Cataplana for induction cookers
Why I love it
- Fast and healthy cooking with little fat.
- Steaming preserves the texture and taste of the ingredients.
- Used for the preparation, cooking and presentation of the dish at the table.
- Traditional Cataplana in copper-tinned aluminium.
- Uniform heat distribution due to copper coating
- Flat bottom for gas or electric fire (not induction compatible)
- Diameter: 8.3''
- Capacity: 1/2 people
When cooking with your Cataplana, do not use metal objects (spoons, forks, etc.) and do not wash it in the dishwasher, with dishwasher detergents, steel wool pads or any other abrasive products, as they could scratch the protective pewter surface or the copper itself.
Never put the Copper Cataplana on the stove or in the oven without putting enough liquid or grease on it to prevent it from drying out.
Copper gets colored when it heats up. It is best to put the cataplana in hot soapy water right after use to soak up any food scraps. Then clean the Cataplana with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive products for cleaning.