Black Tea from the Azores
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800 I £135
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
An extraordinary chance to savor a scarce black tea from the sole tea farm in Europe: the Gorreana in the mountains of São Miguel in the Azores.
This top-notch tea is harvested in the middle of the Atlantic, where its leaves acquire a distinct flavor from the surrounding rare botanicals. Packed with caffeine, full-bodied flavor yet without any astringency, this tea is ideal for breakfast.t
- The only tea grown in Europe, on the island of São Miguel, in the Azores.
- An organic tea, protected from pollution.
- Content: 1.23oz
The Gorreana tea plantation is located on the northern slope of the island of São Miguel, the largest island in the Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Together with its neighbour Porto Formoso, they are the only tea plantations in Europe.
Tea has existed in the wild in the Azores since the 18th century, but its cultivation only began in 1874. The Gorreana plantation that produces this green tea is, therefore, more than 100 years old but produces only 40 tonnes of tea per year compared to the average of 2500 tonnes per plantation in Asia.