Black Tea and Green Tea from the Azores
- Soon available
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery across the USA
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
We have run out of stock for this item.
An opportunity to discover a unique and rare tea from the only tea plantation in Europe: the Gorreana plantation in the hills of the island of São Miguel in the Acores. This high quality tea is grown in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean where the exotic flora gives a unique flavour to its leaves.
Discover the Black Tea of the Azores: rich in theine, strong in the mouth but without bitterness, this tea is perfect for breakfast.
Discover the Green Tea of the Azores: low in theine, particularly mild and thirst-quenching, this tea can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Why I love it
- The only tea grown in Europe, on the island of São Miguel in the Azores.
- An organic tea, preserved from pollution because it comes from a plantation located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Content : 2x1.2oz
More informations ?
The Gorreana tea plantation is located on the northern slope of the island of São Miguel, the largest island in the Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Together with its neighbour Porto Formoso, it is the only tea plantation in Europe.
Tea has existed in the wild in the Azores since the 18th century, but cultivation only began in 1874. The Gorreana plantation that produces this green tea is therefore more than 100 years old but produces only 40 tons of tea per year compared to the average 2500 tons per plantation in Asia.