Coelho I Azulejo 5.5x5.5''
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Authentic Portuguese product
- Secure payment by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay
- Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in the USA
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
An amazing replica of an authentic 18th century Portuguese Azulejo. A very beautiful decorative object. This azulejo can also be used as a paper press, coaster or even as a table mat owing to the cork piece covering its back.
On request, it can also be delivered without cork on the back, to be mounted in wall panels or friezes. In this case, and for large quantities, please contact us directly using our contact form.
Why I love it
- The delicacy of the decorator's gesture that makes it a unique object.
- The traditional manufacturing method that produces an almost indestructible Azulejo, resistant to shocks and temperature variations.
- Size: 5.5x5.5''
- Weight: 12.3oz
- 1 enamelled side + 1 cork-covered side
Make no mistake...
This Azulejo is not just a simple industrially printed faience tile that you can find in souvenir shops.
This object is a real clay tile, enamelled on one of its faces, handcrafted according to the traditional methods of manufacture of the Portuguese Azulejos and entirely painted by hand by reproducing the ancient gestures so as to enable all those shades of blue, so typical of genuine Azulejos.
The "Figura Avulsa" azulejos appeared in Portugal at the end of the 17th century and replaced the patterned azulejos which were then outdated. They are characterized by their cobalt blue colour inspired by Chinese porcelains imported by the Dutch and by their patterns inspired by nature, plants, animals and faces that the painter sees around him.