Azulejo Padrão 5.9x5.9''
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800 I £135
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
Beautiful replica of an authentic Portuguese Azulejo from the 18th century. This azulejo is a real clay tile, glazed on one of its sides and entirely painted by hand, reproducing the ancient gestures that allowed to obtain all its shades of color.
This azulejo is painted by a craftsman who is usually in charge of restoring old azulejos.
Very beautiful decorative object, it can be used as is as a paperweight, or even as a coaster. It can also be mounted in a frame for display. Resistant to humidity and temperature variations, it can be mounted in panel on an inside or outside wall.
Why I love it
- A faithful reproduction of an 18th century Portuguese azulejo.
- The sensitivity of the painter's gesture which makes it a unique object.
- The traditional method of making.
- Dimensions: 5.9x5.9''
- Thickness : 0.2''
- Weight : 320 g
Wall panel mounting
These azulejos "Padrão" are initially intended to be mounted in panels to realize a wall decoration in inside or outside. In this case, and for large quantities, please contact us using our contact form
More informations ?
The "Padrão" tiles appeared in Portugal in the early 17th century and are characterized by their geometric or plant motifs. Their colors evolved from blue and yellow on white in the early 17th century to a predominance of dark blue and turquoise towards the end of the century.This Azulejo is part of a collection of hand-painted Azulejos that is a must see.