A Alfacinha dos Caracóis I Olive plate
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery across the USA
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
Plate in fine glazed stoneware, entirely handmade "A Alfacinha dos Caracóis", literally "snail leaf". "Alfacinha dos Caracóis" continues the tradition of reproduction of vegetal elements, through the technique of direct molding.
The plate is glazed and hand-painted with two shades of green and decorated with a snail and two toothpick sticks from the Portuguese brand Campeões. This lettuce leaf was specially designed to serve olives.
This piece comes with a story "A Alfacinha dos Caracóis", translated into Portuguese, English and French, which tells the origin of the term "Alfacinhas" and that of a young curly lettuce seller who saved the city of Lisbon from a siege.
More than an object, it is a whole universe that is presented here, calling upon literary talent, Portuguese history and traditional crafts.
Why I love it
- To make the olive tasting a unique moment.
- A new interpretation of the Portuguese vegetable dishes.
- An object of very high quality
- Size : 7x6x2"
- Dishwasher and microwave compatible.
About the Designers
Rute Rosa & Sérgio Vieira have created an experimental design space that draws on Portuguese stories and popular culture to reinvent traditional objects.