Papa Anzóis I Horse Mackerels in Olive Oil with Cloves
Authentic Portuguese Product
- In Stock / Usually ships within 24H
- Genuine Portuguese Product
- Credit Card, PayPal, Apple Pay Secure payment
- Carbon Neutral Delivery in 4/5 days from Portugal
Horse mackerel, a fish found on the Atlantic coast, often confused with mackerel, is a little known fish. Its firm flesh, which is not as strong as that of the sardine, goes wonderfully well with organic extra virgin olive oil.
This preserve is truly unique: It is produced in small, controlled batches, using fresh horse mackerel caught on the Algarve coast and exclusively local ingredients.
Why I love it
- All ingredients are fresh and local.
- The method is strictly artisanal and controlled.
- The olive oil is virgin, extra and organic.
- Net weight: 120g
- Horse mackerel 70%
- Olive oil 30%
Nutritional facts (100g)
- Energy: 1381 kJ / 334 kcal
- Fat: 30.5g
- Carbohydrates: <0.5g
- Protein: 14.9g
Papa Anzóis preserves were born out of a dream to revive the production of preserves from the sea in the Algarve, southern Portugal. This small-scale artisanal production aims for the highest level of quality while maintaining a link with the products, people and history of the Algarve.
The cannery is located in Parchal, a Portuguese village historically linked to fish canning, all ingredients are local, production is done in small controlled batches and the innovative cooking method uses a dehydration process that maintains the organoleptic properties of fresh fish.
The result? A unique preserve with a truly different taste.