Boneca Barriguda by Prazeres Côta - 11.8'' cm
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Authentic Portuguese product
- Secure payment by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay
- Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in the USA
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
Prazeres Côta's works, like her mother Júlia, evoke the rural life of Minho, its traditional characters and the influences of religious or mythological beliefs.
Why I love it
- An unclassifiable statuette halfway between craftsmanship and naive art.
- A naive and funny evocation of the traditions and mythologies of rural Minho always imbued with sensitivity and respect.
- The authentic and unique character of each of these handmade statuettes signed by their creator.
- Unique piece
- Height: about 30 cm
- Width: about 23 cm
- Weight: approx. 2 kg
The Côta family is the most charismatic and representative family of the figurative art of Barcelos and the Minho region in northern Portugal.
Already honored as the Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the Feira de Barcelos in 2018, the Pottery Museum has just included her in a"Geração Côta" exhibition and presents several of her works that belong to the Museum's collection and to private collections as well.