The authentic recipe for Portuguese pudding
Egg pudding (Pudim de ovos) is a traditional dessert in Portugal. It is a popular dessert, made at home, with rather... nutritious ingredients!
It is a very easy dessert to make, very quick to prepare but must be enjoyed cold. It is therefore preferable to prepare it the day before its tasting.
The advantage of this dessert is that it requires only the ingredients usually found in all kitchens: sugar, eggs and milk. All you need is the right mould to cook the pudding in a water bath. So, to cook this famous repicpe I propose you this authentic aluminium Pudim de ovos mold.
Ingrédients (6 people)
- 400g of sugar
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 litre of whole milk
- Liquid caramel (to be measured according to your preferences)
- 200ml Port wine (optional)
- Break the eggs and mix them with the sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and port wine and mix them together to remove all the lumps.
- Turn the mould over and fill its bottom with the caramel.
- Pour the egg, sugar and milk mixture into the pan and close it with the lid.
- Place the mould in the oven on a tray at mid-height filled with water to prepare the cooking in the water bath.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 200°C
- After cooking, let the pudding cool down and put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours