Copper Cataplana pan 14.2'' - 8/10 people
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Authentic Portuguese product
- Secure payment by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay
- Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in the USA
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
This Copper Cataplana pan is traditionally handcrafted in Barcelos, Portugal, using solid and durable copper. Its two connected shells are hinged and can be securely closed, providing fast, low-fat cooking and preserving the natural flavor of the food. It's designed to last for years.
If you use induction cookers, I recommend the Cataplana for induction cookers.
Why I love it
- Fast cooking requiring little energy.
- Healthy cooking without fat.
- Preserves the texture and taste of the ingredients.
- Preparation, cooking and presentation of the dish at the table without the same utensil.
- Traditional cataplana in copper-tinned aluminium.
- Uniform heat distribution due to copper coating
- Flat bottom for gas or electric fire (not induction compatible)
- Diameter: 14.2''
- Capacity: 8/10 people
When cooking with your Cataplana, do not use metal objects (spoons, forks, etc.) and do not wash it in the dishwasher, with dishwasher detergents, steel wool pads or any other abrasive products, as they could scratch the protective pewter surface or the copper itself.
Never put the Copper Cataplana on the stove or in the oven without putting enough liquid or grease on it to prevent it from drying out.
Copper gets colored when it heats up. It is best to put the cataplana in hot soapy water right after use to soak up any food scraps. Then clean the Cataplana with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive products for cleaning.